For those of you severely impacted by the Coronavirus crisis, help is at hand. The application process for the NSW Small Business COVID-19 Support Grant is now open online.
To be eligible for the grant of up to $10,000 you must meet the following criteria:
- have between 1-19 employees and an annual turnover of more than $75,000;
- have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000;
- have an Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020, be based in NSW and employ staff as at 1 March 2020;
- are highly impacted by the NSW Government Covid-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 issued on 30 March 2020, defined as a decline in turnover of 75 per cent compared to the equivalent period (of at least two weeks) in 2019; and
- have unavoidable business costs not otherwise the subject of other NSW and Commonwealth Government financial assistance measures.
Before commencing the application process, you should have the following supporting documents readily available for submission as the application cannot be saved and resumed:
- the last Business Activity Statement lodged by your business;
- proof of identity by way of Australian Drivers Licence, Medicare Card, Australian or overseas Passport, travel Visa, Australian Birth or Citizen Certificate, ImmiCard, DFAT issued UN travel document or Certificate of Identity
How to apply:
The full application process can be found in the above link. Please read it thoroughly, and have all necessary documents required before applying.